Dempsey Real Estate is pleased to offer you a range of personalised and professional management services. This booklet contains details of our services and management fee break down for your consideration.
Dempsey Real Estate’s Property Management Team is headed by Samantha Dempsey, who has over 20 years’ experience in the Real Estate industry and is currently involved in the management of residential property in excess of $200 million dollars.
Senior Property Manager Gemma Dawson understands the crucial role a Property Manager has on a daily basis. With a background in the highly demanding sector of short stay accommodation and accountancy, Gemma offers a unique range of skills to better assist our clients to obtain the highest and best return and understands the customer service and high expectations of both the owners and our tenants.
Dempsey provides you with a complete and extremely ‘hands on’ management service. Spare time is often a luxury, especially in current times; let us use our expertise and resources to take care of the day to day concerns that come with owning an investment property.
This encompasses maintenance, the crucial tenant selection phase, repairs, rental reviews, providing a market analysis and up to date appraisal on your property and then eventually the disposal, processing or advising in matter concerning your property portfolilo.
Our objective is to create the best possible Management Package to suit your individual needs. This involves tailoring the system to ensure the final product assists in achieving your long and short term objectives. This could include upgrading or furnishing properties, paying account for the property, attending meeting on your behalf and keeping you up to date on market condition and legislative changes.
Owners of residential investment properties are generally required to pay at the minimum;
- Water Rates
- Council Rates
- Land Tax
- Strata Levies, if applicable
- Contents/Building/Rent Cover Insurance
- Routine repairs/maintenance
OUR SERVICE COMPUTERISED
Information is readily available. Through direct computerised payments and statements owners have all the information necessary at the touch of a button. Your property manager is only an email away and all properties can be monitored when available for lease through Australia’s number one website, realestate.com.au which is directly linked to our website dempseyrealestate.com
TENANT SELECTION SERVICE
The tenant selection process is the most crucial element in relation to the ongoing maintenance of a property. We aim to place tenants in your property that will treat it as if it is their own and not with disregard. Our tenant selection continues to be first rate and we believe this is due to;
- Corporate Sector – company leases are excellent and the most sought after. Our research and history indicates that the standard of inspections are often higher and the need for maintenance often lower than having leased privately or short term. Over 80% of our rentals are corporately tenanted.
- All applicants including companies are researched as thoroughly as Privacy Laws allow including rental references, employment confirmation, data base searches and reference checks.
- All viewings are completed by one of the Dempsey team. This allows us to build a personal profile with the prospective tenant and ensure they are aware of all the features and inclusions of the rental by personally presenting the property.
Maintain the property – maintain the value. As with our own home, maintenance is both important and inevitable.
A well maintained property ensures;
- The best possible rent rate is achieved
- No claims can be made against you, as an owner, for negligence
- The property is always presents at is optimum in the case of sale
- We require all tenants to professionally clean the carpets and windows of your property at the end of a tenancy, we also recommended a professional general clean once per year to help maintain the property.
We have at our service qualified trades and servicemen that can carry out minor or major repairs on your property. We endeavour to keep costs at a minimum whilst quality is not sacrificed. However, should you have your own trades available please let us know.
EXTRA SERVICES – at NO extra charge – just ask!
Please contact our office should you require any of the following;
- Appraisals and annual maintenance reports to help with insurance and to also ensure the property is maintained at a high level
- Assistance with furnishing your property
- Market appraisal for rent or sale
- Rental and sales updates
It is recommended that a routine inspection be carried out 6 weeks from when a new tenant moves into your property and then every 3 months through to the expiration of the tenancy. This is in addition to the Ingoing Property Condition Report which is completed at the commencement of the tenancy and at a final inspection upon the tenant vacating.
The Ingoing Property Condition Report and Inventory is completely comprehensive and also contains a photographic record when necessary. This report along with all routine inspections report can be forwarded to the owner via email and will include any areas of concern and/or maintenance along with any relevant photos.
Routine Inspections are an integral part of maintaining your property and although we partly rely on tenants notifying us of any maintenance issues, the inspections give us the ability to seek out maintenance ourselves and act accordingly.
- All properties for lease and sale will appear on our website and also on realestate.com.au which is the number one real estate website in Australia.
- Applicants can download tenancy applications online or we will email this if required.
- Tenants can complete maintenance requests online which are automatically emailed through to our property management department
- Receive your funds electronically and your monthly statement will be automatically emailed.
- Latest computerised Property Management software system
- Internet access and exposure for all rental properties.
- Rental applications can be completed online or emailed to potential tenants at the touch of a button
- REIWA Members utilising all standard REIWA forms
- Rental collection and monitoring of tenants rental payments
- Escort tenants onto the property and conduct viewings
- Security bond lodgement with the Bond Administrator
- Payment of accounts and outgoings when required eg council/water/strata rates, land tax
- Preparation of monthly statements for submission to Owner
- Preparation and upkeep of Property Condition Reports and Inspection Reports
- Photographic ingoing inspection and inventory report
- Completing all lease documentation
- Arranging of acceptable repairs and maintenance
- Updating owners on changes to legislations when they arise
As mentioned in our opening statement, we believe each property is individual and we therefore like to work through all aspects of the management fees with our Owners to ensure all parties are agreeable.
Please contact Gemma Dawson for a personalise management solution.
In order to maintain our service and your property to a high level, we appreciate as much information on your property as you can provide including the following;
- Three sets of keys/remotes/swipe cards – two for the tenant and one for our office
- Full copy of your insurance policy.
- Details of any part of the property under warranty, including white goods
- Details of your nominated bank account for rental funds to be credited
- Instruction booklets on all items in the property
- Strata Company details
- Contact details for any preferred suppliers you may want us to engage